Will and Estate Planning – Monterey and Salinas
Our lawyers help our clients with all aspects of their estate and succession planning, no matter the level of difficulty. We have worked carefully to master all steps and details involved in wills and estate planning, easing the process for our clients and everyone involved. We offer fully-integrated advice to preserve wealth, transition family businesses, and promote our clients’ goals for their families. Unity within the family is the most important part of the estate planning process, which is something our wills and estate planning attorneys understand. We will actively work to mitigate any disagreements while ensuring that the process is executed seamlessly.
- wills and testamentary trusts - We will ensure the terms of your will and any trusts are in agreement.
- individual and family trusts - We will make sure that the designated beneficiaries get the correct inheritance according to your specifications.
- financial and health care powers of attorney - These documents give your trusted loved ones the power to make important medical and financial decisions in the event of an emergency.
- family partnerships - Move your family’s wealth from one generation to the next while saving on taxes with family partnerships.
- family limited liability companies - Protect your assets against legal claims and provide opportunities for future generations to become involved in your estate planning, transferring wealth to beneficiaries while saving on taxes.
- irrevocable life insurance trusts - Give your insurance policy a safe holding place and give specific guidelines for its use. We will ensure that your life insurance policy and distribution of your estate is in line providing beneficiaries with liquidity to pay debts and taxes.
- other irrevocable trusts designed to minimize federal estate tax liability
We also handle sensitive matters involving:
- disputes regarding wills and trusts
- trust and estate litigation
- family disputes
- elder law and Medi-Cal planning
- special needs trusts
Our lawyers regularly appear before the Probate Court in matters related to:
- probate of estates
- trust administration
- conservatorship proceedings
- contested probate and trust matters